How are you feeling these days?
The words “heavy” and “hopeful” best describe how we’ve been feeling.
We are living in a state of chaos, where nothing is certain – a global pandemic, hurricanes, wildfires, a rising COVID-19 death toll, social unrest, a divided nation reckoning with racism, and a looming high-stakes election.
Wow…it’s a lot, right?
I2L’s mission is to help people access the Dimension of Possible through a more conscious, evolved form of leadership. And, as leadership coaches, we’re reflecting on the sort of leaders our country direly needs right now.
The authoritarian, ego-based leadership model has long passed its expiration date. A more conscious, evolved form of leadership has been emerging for years, and the events of 2020 have shown us that the need for this new form of leadership is urgent. We are at a breaking point….and, breaking points signal profound opportunities to create true change.
So, who are these more conscious, evolved leaders that we so urgently need?
The Leaders We Need:
- The leaders we need genuinely care about others. They demonstrate compassion and respect for all. They honor the uniqueness of each human being. They put the well-being of others before their own ego and personal comfort. In fact, they get uncomfortable, so they can move others forward.
- The leaders we need are humble. They take responsibility for their mistakes. They don’t have all the answers, and they don’t pretend as if they do. They want to learn. They are always evolving.
- The leaders we need listen first. They want to understand other perspectives, so they can continuously expand their own perspective and make wise decisions that consider all people.
- The leaders we need choose love. They don’t just lead with their minds, they lead with their hearts. Instead of competing, they collaborate. They unite, rather than divide.
- The leaders we need share power with others, instead of holding power over others. They help others find their own power.
Each of us can consciously choose the type of leader we will be each and every day. And, we can consciously choose our local and national leaders by diligently researching candidates and issues for the upcoming election (particularly in our local jurisdictions, where we have significant influence) and exercising our right to vote.
We need more conscious, evolved leaders. We need a new Dimension of Possible. Together, let’s make it happen.
See you in the DoP,