Navigating fear in times of uncertainty
Ever since the World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus a global pandemic, fear and uncertainty have been running rampant.
Instead of getting unconsciously swept away in the tide of collective fear, we invite you to hit pause and reflect.
In times of uncertainty, it’s easy to let fear and worry drive our thoughts, words and actions. But what possibilities could we create instead, if we choose a more conscious path?
Following are 5 ideas on how to navigate fear in times of uncertainty:
- Give yourself permission to gracefully exit conversations that do not serve you. The way we speak to one another is contagious. Our words influence the thoughts, words and actions of those around us, and vice versa. What words are you putting into the world these days? What words are you listening to? Are they helping or hurting? Are they adding to or alleviating fear?
- Notice when you get sucked into the fear spiral. Become an observer of your thoughts, feelings and words. What impact are they having on you? What impact are they having on those around you? The simple act of noticing gives us the power to change.
- Instead of focusing on worst-case scenarios, consider other possibilities.After all, there are infinite possibilities in our future! What might shift, if you consider better outcomes?
- Instead of letting worry consume you, channel your energy into actions and behaviors that make a positive difference. What meaningful actions could you take to contribute to a positive outcome?
- Take care of yourself, so you can manage stress from a place of strength. Continue your self-care routines, take breaks, and do things you enjoy!
Remember, we collectively create the future through our thoughts, words and actions. When each of us thinks, speaks and acts more consciously, we create a better future.
See you in the DoP,