December 20, 2018 – Brian will be offering a free webinar for CPA Academy on Naked Leadership from 4-5pm CT.
- Naked Leadership – Explore what it means to be a more vulnerable leader with others and the benefits. Specifically, How can you inspire others by being a more vulnerable and authentic version of yourself? What are the costs of inauthenticity? How can you increase your self-awareness muscles to be more in tune with what you hide from others? How can sharing your vulnerabilities strengthen trust and confidence in your relationships?
January 23-25, 2019 – Brian will be keynoting at the Winning is Everything Conference in Las Vegas, NV with Naked Leadership (don’t worry – he’ll keep his clothes on!). Sarah will be attending the conference as well. Let us know if you’re going, as we’d love to see you in Vegas!
February 14, 2019 – Sarah will be leading a webinar on Leadership: What’s Love Got to Do with It? for HERdacity on Valentine’s Day!
In business, the “L word” (love) is rarely mentioned. When love – compassion, forgiveness, commitment, inclusiveness, understanding – is nonexistent, leadership generally fails. True leadership not only requires love, it is love. Yet amazingly, love is rarely described as a leadership competency. Your future, and your success as a leader, depends on your capacity to authentically model this behavior. Learn to embrace the love for what you do, your passion, and the people and organization you lead and prepare to transform the future!
Sarah will invite us to think about:
- What are some feminine leadership attributes that can transform the workplace?
- What is the difference between motivation and inspiration?
- What does “love” really mean?
- What impact do your beliefs have on not just you, but on those you lead?
February 20-21, 2019 – We’re hosting our 2nd annual I2L Innovation Lab in Austin, TX for leaders of talent development in CPA organizations! This is a facilitated, high-energy brainstorming session, designed to spur new possibilities in leadership development programming. We will provide structure and space to explore, get creative and play with new ideas. We will foster connections between participants to expand the energy, creativity and passion of everyone in the room. If you’re a leader of learning and development at your organization and want to learn more, e-mail Sarah.
May 15-16, 2019 – Brian is leading a pre-conference workshop focused on personal development and a break-out session during the main conference, How to Transition into an Outgoing Partner’s Book of Business at CPAmerica’s 2019 Next Generation Conference in San Diego, CA.
The pre-conference workshop includes the following modules:
- The #1 Thing Holding You Back – The #1 thing holding you back from whatever it is you want is you…your self-limiting beliefs. When you begin noticing your self-limiting beliefs, you can begin replacing them with more empowering beliefs that grant you access to the Dimension of Possible.
- The CPAthlete – To act more boldly as a leader, you must increase your capacity to bring energy and full engagement to the things you value most. Learn how well-being and mindfulness contribute to your performance and leadership of others.
- Time Management: Scarcity and Possibilities – Managing time can involve many different techniques. In addition to sharing our own Top 10 techniques, we will explore the most important element of time management: the pilot. How are you currently viewing your “time,” and is that serving you? What is possible if you become more intentional about noticing what is working for you and what’s not?
- Habits Make the Leader – Are there things you want to change in your life or at your organization? What’s stopping you? Most of us don’t realize how much our ingrained habits rule our lives, actions and results. Once you understand the science of habits, you can be intentional about choosing habits that will make you unstoppable.
How to Transition into an Outgoing Partner’s Book of Business – In this very interactive session, we will focus our discussions on:
- What are your biggest challenges of transitioning into an outgoing partner’s book of business?
- How will you know once you have really succeeded in doing so?
- What resources do you need, and what new actions do you need to take to better succeed in the transition?
Participants will leave with a better understanding of the challenges in these transitions and some practical takeaways to make their transition smoother.
May 23, 2019 – Brian is presenting Naked Leadership at the Arkansas Society of CPAs 2019 Accounting and Auditing Conference.
May 24, 2019 – Brian is leading the 2019 Leadership Conference for the Arkansas Society of CPAs with Cultivate Your Own Dream Team: Unlock the Hidden Potential in Others. He will explore how you can unleash the hidden potential of those you work with to cultivate your very own dream team:
- What is the difference between coaching and mentoring?
- Why and how can active listening make a significant impact in your working relationships? We’ll share five active listening techniques to help others feel understood and empowered.
- Great leaders ask empowering questions instead of giving answers. We will break down questions to understand what makes them powerful (or not!).
- We will share a coaching process you can use in the moment to help others become more resourceful and successful.
- Practice makes perfect!! We’ll provide lots of opportunities to practice these new skills together!
June 11-13, 2019 – Lindsay, Donna, Sarah and Brian are all speaking at the EDGE Career Development conference at the biggest AICPA event of the year, ENGAGE 2019!
- Uncovering Unconscious Bias (Lindsay and Rebekah Brown of MACPA on June 11) – Each of us brings a lifetime of experiences and cultural influences that create our unique mental programming or non-conscious expectations or stereotypes that affect the judgments of ourselves and others. Our mental programming allows efficient, but sometime inaccurate, processing of information. While unintentional, relying solely on our mental programming leads to responses outside of our awareness and even conflicts with our conscious attitudes or ideals – unconscious bias. Imagine how unconscious bias may impact how we relate to different situations in the workplace if left unattended. In this session, Lindsay and Rebekah will hold a conversation about unconscious bias and how it affects each of us in our daily lives.
- Lovin’ You: The Raw Truth About Fear and Self-Trust (Lindsay on June 11) – We often give too much credence to “fear” messages in our daily lives. From an early age, we are conditioned to believe that fear keeps us safe from harm. While this may be true in some instances, it often keeps us from achieving our highest potential! Leveraging Brene Brown’s ground-breaking research, we will explore the elements of trust and apply them to viewpoints of ourselves. Join us in discovering how to dissolve self-limiting beliefs and allow yourself to flourish!
- Leadership: What’s Love Got to Do with It (Donna on June 13) – When love is nonexistent – compassion, forgiveness, commitment, inclusiveness, understanding – leadership generally fails. True leadership not only requires love, it is love. Yet amazingly, love is rarely described as a leadership competency. Your future, and the future of the accounting profession, depends on our capacity to authentically model this behavior. Embrace your natural leadership skills and love for what you do, your passion, the people and organization you lead, by joining this interactive session as we explore this vital competency.
- Naked Organizations (Brian on June 13) – Don’t worry, you can keep your clothes on for this. Please do! In addition to your clothes, you’ll leave with a better understanding of what naked leadership truly is, and why we need it now, more than ever. Brian will also explore some specific practices you can bring back to your organization to create a more naked workplace where connection, collaboration and innovation thrive. What goes on at naked organizations? Come find out!
- Unleash Your Peak Performance Potential (Sarah on June 13) – To act more boldly as a leader, you must increase your capacity to bring energy and full engagement to the things you value most. We will explore how well-being and mindfulness contribute to your overall performance and leadership of others. Once you learn how to access your peak performance levels, you will be unstoppable!