How present and focused do you feel in your day-to-day – whether you’re at work or at home?
Many of you just completed a big deadline, so we hope you’re feeling some relief. However, we also understand that it often feels like there is always more…more to do, more to feel stressed about…even when you’re not experiencing the crunch time of deadlines. After all, the time after a deadline is usually when you finally circle back around to all those things you put off when you were working toward the deadline!
Feeling the pressure of all those to-dos can often take us away from the present moment. We can easily lose sight of our most important priorities. When we’re not at work, we are often unable to be present with the people who are most important to us. The good news is, it doesn’t have to be this way.
If you’re seeking a simple solution that reduces stress and anxiety and enhances your presence and focus at the same time, we’ve got one for you – start a meditation or mindfulness practice.
Yes, it really is that simple.
We speak from experience. Incorporating these practices into our own day-to-day routines has transformed our lives on a professional and personal level. But, don’t just take it from us. Many scientific studies have been done on the benefits of meditation and mindfulness, which include:
- Reduced stress, anxiety and depression
- Enhanced creativity and improved brain concentration
- Physical benefits, such as more efficient breathing, lower blood pressure and better quality of sleep
- Relaxation of the mind and body
- Reduced emotional explosions
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Strengthened relationships
Many of the high-achieving people we work with tell us, “There’s no way I can meditate. I can’t sit still and stop all these thoughts!” If this sounds like you, it’s probably common for you to feel overwhelmed with too much…too much to do, too many thoughts, too many feelings. In which case, you could benefit from a meditation or mindfulness practice even more!
Are you curious about mindfulness, but not sure how to make it work for you? Or, perhaps you’ve tried it before, but it never seemed to stick? Please let us support you.
- Check out our latest episode of Leading Possibilities, where we explain the difference between mindfulness and meditation, explore the benefits of each, and share some tips for how to start your own mindfulness practice.
- We’re diving deep into mindfulness during the month of December in our I2L Healthy Leaders Community. We’ll help you create a unique mindfulness practice that works for you (yep, even if you’re one of those people who can’t sit still and stop thinking!). Join us this month, so you’ll be ready to jump in on December 1! For only $39/month, you can receive the support, accountability and connection you need to be more present and focused in your work and life!
Meditation and mindfulness can transform your leadership, your life, and yourself, but it takes consistent practice. We invite you to try it and see what’s possible!
See you in the DOP,